Vitamin C Smoothie Bowl Recipe
As someone who is personally dealing with a Vitamin C deficiency, I understand how challenging it can be to get even the tiniest amount of Vitamin C (or any vitamin, for that matter) back into your body.
A good quality vitamin supplement is obviously a very good solution to my problem, but I like to give my body as much assistance as humanly possible. Therefore, I can’t think of a better starting point than my diet.
Food has a stronger impact on overall health than many people realize. It is what gives our bodies the energy and ability to function properly. I don’t know about you, but I want my body to function in a healthy manner. At this moment in time, I am still working toward this goal. I can’t say it is functioning in a “healthy” manner when I’m still having seizures and dealing with nutrient deficiencies…but the point is, I’m getting there! Partly thanks to my diet!
Smoothie bowls are an excellent source of natural vitamins, minerals, and nutrients! This Vitamin C smoothie bowl is packed full of dietary fiber, which will aid in digestion, and powerful antioxidants (like Vitamin C), which will work to keep your immune system strong year-round. Try it because it is healthy, repeat the recipe because it oh so yummy! Happy cooking and Bon Appetite!
- Handful of Kale & Spinach
- 1 large Kiwi
- Handful of Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 large Avocado
- 1/2 frozen Banana
- 1/3 cup frozen Mixed Berries
- 4 frozen whole Strawberries
- Splash of Water (if necessary for desired texture)
- 1 T Honey
- Place all ingredients into blender & blend until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Pour smoothie mixture into bowl and Top with sliced strawberries or kiwi for decoration. You can always do both fruit, as well.