I’ve never been a huge fan of banana flavored foods, but these pancakes are drool worthy! I’m currently on a Paleo style of diet that is also Gluten-free, Dairy-free, and Sugar-free. So, when it comes to satisfying my sweet tooth the options are few and far between.
That being said, these pancakes are the perfect solution AND they’re incredibly healthy for you! With only 6 ingredients total, they are quick, easy, and delicious!
As far as toppings are concerned, I prefer to stick with the classic Maple Syrup, but Honey makes an excellent alternative, as well!
Or, if you’d like to skip sugar alternatives completely, you can also enjoy these pancakes topped with strawberries and blueberries.
I used Organic Ghee as my butter substitute and I have to say that the texture and flavor of the pancakes turned out even better! So, for those of you wanting to break away from the “norm” in your day-to-day routine, I highly recommend trying this recipe!
These pancakes will not disappoint to satisfy both your need for spontaneity and your sweet tooth! And let’s be honest, who doesn’t like a good pancake???
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 3 Bananas
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Place eggs, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, place bananas and begin lightly mashing all three together. You don't want to over-mash because that will take away from the texture of your pancakes.
- Add bowl with bashed bananas to the first bowl and whisk again until both mixtures are combined.
- In a frying pan, add a small circle of ghee and top with pancake batter. Only a small amount of batter is necessary. Let sit for about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes before flipping.
- Top fully-cooked pancake with a small circle of ghee, add maple syrup, honey, or fruit and ENJOY!